Saturday, December 01, 2007

Life is not a Dress Reheasal

August 22, 2007
Guideposts continues to be one of my favourite anti-depressants, even though there are way too many pages of pharmaceutical ads these days. Guidepost stories are just the right length to use as emergency sermons. It always seems to me that the congregation is more awake for Guideposts stories than for regular sermons. They are about real people struggling with real life.

From The Up Side -- inspirational quotations sent in by readers (December 2005)
Life is not a dress rehearsal. Stop practising what you're going to do and just do it. In one bold stroke you can transform today.

Marilyn Grey, psychologist & stress-management speaker

Every exit is an entry to somewhere else. Tom Stoppard, English playwright

The past is a place of reference, not a place of residency. Willie Jolley, radio host

The only real antidote to worry is purposeful action in the direction of your goals. Remind yourself that problems come not to obstruct, but to instruct. Brian Tracy, self-help author


Let's see -- what do I have to add to that today?
from my friend Dorothy: GET A GRIP! (that was on the three-handled mug she gave me for my 60th birthday).


from Dr. Ursa:
If you can't laugh at your problems, you'll never have fun solving them.

from me:
What I know is a building block. What I think I know is a stumbling block.

from anonymous sources: Dance like no one is watching!
Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first.
It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

And, of course, the Hogwarts motto: Never disturb a sleeping dragon!

No comments: